Where do consumers want to go? Check out the Top 20 Destinations for Third Quarter
There’s been some notable movement beyond the top destinations in terms of where consumers want to travel this quarter. According to nSight consumer travel intent data, the #1 U.S. destination continues to be New York, followed by Los Angeles and Orlando. For destinations outside the U.S., the top three are Paris, London and Barcelona. Compared to the previous quarter, changes worth noting include:
From a Global Traveler Perspective
- After making a big move onto the top 20 in Q2, Washington, D.C., held strong increasing to the #17 position for Q3.
- Moving in and out of the top 20 over the last few quarters, Denver moved up 2 spots to #18.
- Spain has the most representation in the top destinations list with four cities in the top 20 – Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga and Valencia.
- Dubai has growing global appeal increasing 5 positions to #11 for international destinations.
Focusing on U.S. Travelers
- Honolulu makes the most significant increase moving up 15 positions to rank #15 in the top searched destinations by U.S. travelers for Q3.
- Dubai continues to be a hot destination of interest for the U.S., moving up 10 spots to #10.
- Madrid maintains high interest for U.S. travelers, as well as for international, increasing 6 to #13.
- Rio de Janeiro broke into the top 20 at #16, up 7 positions from the previous quarter.