New Partnership Brings Online Consumer Insights to U.S. Travel Members
We’re excited about the new initiative we just launched with U.S. Travel, the voice of the U.S. travel industry. In an industry overwhelmed by data options, shrinking budgets and less time to interpret the data they have already, usability was the priority. So U.S. Travel asked us to help them give members insights that are simple, fast and easy to put into action.
Together we introduced the U.S. Travel Barometer. This first-of-its kind product provides powerful travel intelligence from the nSight database indicating near-term consumer travel intentions for the U.S. based on billions of daily online lodging searches and bookings from more than 5,000 third-party consumer travel websites worldwide.
Transforming Big Data into Digestible Insight
The Barometer provides a quick, actionable view of the top markets for travel in the U.S. with month over month growth, the sources of international demand and where international travelers are going, plus forward-looking travel trends. With this unmatched view of how travel consumers are searching, members can:
- Make better strategic marketing and revenue management decisions
- Curate campaigns and content designed to convert active shoppers on web, social, loyalty/email – as well as traditional media
- Forecast travel demand for the next 90 days
- Identify new domestic and international opportunities
- Benchmark their market’s share of U.S. searches across eight geographic regions
Highlights from the June 2014 Report
- Of the 2.2 billion global online lodging searches for the month, the U.S. was the leading destination researched (outside one’s origin country), with 13 percent of all international searches, followed closely by Spain (12%)
- Domestically, the Southeast region (32%) and Far West (23%) accounted for more than half of all U.S. lodging searches
- International travelers have a greater interest in traveling to the Mideast region (24%) compared to domestic travelers (16%), as shown by their search distribution.
The U.S. Travel Barometer is released monthly to members in the U.S. Travel Outlook newsletter, available on U.S. Travel’s Research webpage. U.S. Travel members need to log in to ustravel.org to access the Barometer. For assistance with your login or to become a member, contact US Travel.
When U.S. Travel members want the next level of detail on how active consumers are looking and booking their markets, they come to us for a custom nSight subscription designed for their destination or hotel. It enables them to deep dive into their specific competitive environment to achieve:
- Enhanced pricing decisions with visibility to lowest available online rates
- Geo- and persona-targeted email marketing and PPC campaigns laser-focused on active shoppers
- Smarter advertising with Online Travel Agency partners and improved strategies with wholesalers
- Robust co-op programs targeted by season, geography or consumer type
- Vast improvements in ability to target and reach valuable international visitors
We’re proud to be a U.S. Travel partner! And look forward to working with them and their members to increase tourism to and within the U.S.
If you have questions about the U.S. Travel Barometer or just want to understand how we work with our data partners, email me at [email protected]
The national, non-profit organization representing all components of the travel industry, the U.S. Travel Association’s mission is to increase travel to and within the United States. Visit www.ustravel.org.