Competitive Set Policy
The following guidelines apply to the nSight travel intelligence application:
- If the User makes a change to a competitive set (e.g., adding DMO, deleting DMO, etc.), User may not make another change to a competitive set for at least another 30 days after that change.
- DMO may select other like cities or states but may not select individual properties to compare against.
- A competitive set must contain at the User’s hotel(s) and at least 3 other non-affiliated hotels. A “nonaffiliated” hotel means any hotel or property that does not share with the User’s hotel(s) the ownership or management team.
- The non-affiliated hotels in a competitive set must compete with each other and with User’s hotel(s) in the same basic geographic region or reasonably similar geographic markets.
- Within any competitive set, no single hotel (subscriber or non-affiliate competing property) may represent 40% or more of the total room availability of the competitive set.
- If a User wishes to add a hotel to or remove a hotel from a competitive set, it must do so in combination with at least a second change, i.e. there needs to be a minimum of 2 changes to the comp set. For example, removing a hotel, then adding a hotel; or adding 2 hotels; or removing 2 hotels.
- If User has multiple competitive sets, there must be at least two different non-affiliated hotels in each competitive set.
- If User makes a change to a competitive set (e.g., adding hotels, deleting hotels, etc.), User may not make another change to a competitive set for at least another 30 days after that change.
General Rules and Regulations
Competitive Sets are not confidential information and are the property of nSight.
User will not use nSight to derive, reverse engineer, recalculate or attempt to derive, reverse engineer or recalculate any information related to an individual competing hotel’s information or in any way obtain an individual property’s information. User may not create any competitive set definition, change request(s), or other filtering of the competitive set(s) that may expose any individual property’s information. If after a competitive set is defined, should the User’s affiliation(s) change and result in the competitive set no longer complying with the rules above, the User must request a change to comply with the rules. nSight, at its sole discretion, may reject or disable any competitive set change if, in its reasonable judgment, it threatens the confidentiality of any third party or if nSight believes or has reason to believe in its sole discretion that a competitive set violates or may violate relevant law. nSight may update or modify this competitive set policy at any time without prior notice to any User, subscriber, hotel, property, or any other third party.